Ok, had to get this fixed so i fixed it myself.
I didn't bother to upload this is a patch or something, i don't have time for that. Such a tedious process.
Note, this is a CLEAN VS2015 version, all the crap directives for old VS editions has been completely removed.
That was never a good idea to have support for all VS editions in one project.
The source was copied for every VS edition anyway. And it got more and more bloated for every VS release.
I can understand why this project hasn't been updated. It took me 4 hours just to rip that crap out of the project and get everything right.
Let's face it, this project is dying, so a minimum of effort is required to keep it alive.
Next time VS2016 comes out, take a copy, rename 2015 to 2016 globally, fix framework settings and references and youre done.
Stop supporting old crap, users that use VS2013, can use the extension already released. If they want a fix, then UPGRADE to latest version of VS
or leave it.
I haven't really tested it very well.
I have installed the signed vsix file which is included in the zip. And i removed VS2013, leaving VS2015 only.
Quick deploy menu has been tested and working, like copy to SharePoint root / gac etc.
Works for me.
Anyway this isn't a "offical solution", so use at own risk.