Community Kit for SharePoint Development Tools Edition
The following is provisional information only and is subject to change.
This project provides extensions to four core areas; Environment
. Click on any of the features below to view more details, including How To guides.
- SharePoint References - Adds a SharePoint tab to the Add Reference dialog.
- Copy Assembly Name - Copies the assembly name of a SharePoint project onto the clipboard.
- Sandbox Compile - Compiles the project against the SharePoint subset object model to ensure the code only uses subset OM features.
Site node extensions
Content Type node extensions
Features node extensions
- View Feature Dependencies - Adds subnodes to the Feature node to drill down into feature dependencies.
- View Feature Elements - Adds subnodes to the Feature node to drill down into feature element definitions. Also allows to open the XML definition
of each element.
- Activate / Deactivate Feature - Adds a content menu item to each feature node to enable and disable the feature on the current site,
site collection, web application or farm.
Master Page Gallery node extensions
- View Master Page and Page Layout Gallery - Adds the Master Page Gallery node which allows you to browse through Master Pages
and Page Layouts. Additionally it allows you to view and edit the contents of the files from the Master Page Gallery.
Solution Gallery node extensions
Info coming soon...........
Style Library node extensions
- View Style Library - Adds the Style Library node which allows you to browse through the contents of the Style Library. Additionally it allows you
to view and edit the contents of the files from the Style Library.
Theme Gallery node extensions
Web Part Gallery node extensions
- List Web Parts - Browse Web Parts and view their properties.
- Copy Web Part - Copies the .webpart definition to the clipboard to quickly paste a Web Part into a <AllUsersWebPart> node.
Info coming soon...........
- List Site Columns - Browse site columns and view their properties.
- Copy ID - Adds context menu items to various nodes to quick copy the unique ID value, for instance for features or content types.
- View List Event Receivers - Adds a subnode to the List node to drill down into Event Receivers associated with the List.
- Get SPMetal Definition - Adds a menu item to lists and sites that allows you to generate the SPMetal definition for the given object.
- Sandboxed Visual Web Part - A visual Web Part that can be deployed as part of a sandboxed solution.
- SP Metal Definition - Adds an SPMetal parameter XML file to the project and auto-generates the code based on that configuration using a Visual Studio
Custom Tool (like resx files).
- Custom Action Group - Simple XML based custom action group project item SPI.
- Custom Action - Simple XML based custom action project item SPI.
- Hide Custom Action - Simple XML based hide custom action project item SPI.
- Delegate Control - Simple XML based delegate control project item SPI.
- Console Application - A SharePoint Console Application template to easily create scratch applications.
- Blank Site Definition - A SharePoint site definition template to easily create new site definitions.
- Basic Page - A SharePoint basic template to easily create new site pages.
- Quick Deploy Commands - Adds a submenu to the context menu of SharePoint projects that allow you to quickly deploy using any deployment configuration.
- Auto Quick Deploy - If project-level properties are set, automatically copies deployed files into the SharePoint installation folder whenever a file
is saved, or automatically copies deployed assemblies if the project is built.
- Copy Assemblies - Copies all deployed assemblies to the relevant BIN folders and the Global Assembly Cache, for use as part of an X-Copy quick deploy.
- Copy Files - Copies all deployed files into the SharePoint installation folder, for use as part of an X-Copy quick deploy.
- Install Features - Installs the feature into the SharePoint feature storage, for use as part of an X-Copy quick deploy.
- Upgrade Solution - Performs a solution upgrade instead of a retract / deploy combination.
- Recreate Site - Deletes the site collection and recreates it with the same name, type and settings. Used to quickly create a new greenfield for testing.
- Reset IIS - Resets the Internet Information Server which can be useful during testing of site definitions.
- Reset Timer Service - Resets the SharePoint timer service.
- Warm-up Site - Executes a HTTP request to the root of the current deployment site to warm it up after a IIS recycle.
- Install Web Application Content - Copies Web Application specific content from the SharePoint installation folder into the IIS web
- Run PowerShell Script - Executes PowerShell script(s)
- WSPBuilder Import - Imports a WSPBuilder Visual Studio Project Type to the new SharePoint 2010 Visual Studio 2010 Project Type