Activate Selected Features

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Can anyone tell me how this can work ?

I have selected some features that i want to activate by using the
right click Project Select features to activate.

When i do a deploy, farm features are excluded, which i have included in which features to activate ??

And features that i have excluded is included.

It seems to follow the package and ignoring the "Select features to activate"

What am i doing wrong ?
I had this working in Visual Studio 2010 somehow..
Sep 19, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM
xtrmdev wrote:
Can anyone tell me how this can work ?

I have selected some features that i want to activate by using the
right click Project Select features to activate.

When i do a deploy, farm features are excluded, which i have included in which features to activate ??

And features that i have excluded is included.

It seems to follow the package and ignoring the "Select features to activate"

What am i doing wrong ?
I had this working in Visual Studio 2010 somehow..
First of all, I have to install the 2010 version of CKSDEV to make it works, even with VS 2012 .

Then, in Visual Studio, I go to the project properties, SharePoint tab. Here I create a new deployment configuration.

I mirror the "Default" configuration, then I replaces the "Activate features" by "Activate selected features":

And lastly, I setup the deployment configuration to "Only selected features":
Apr 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I couldn't get this to work either. Is this the recommended approach, or is it a shortcoming with the current version and, if so, how can we get it corrected?
Jul 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Error 8 Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate selected Features': Error in line 1 position 313. Element 'http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.Commands:Value' contains data from a type that maps to the name 'http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/CKS.Dev12.VisualStudio.SharePoint.Deployment.DeploymentSteps:FeatureActivationInfo'. The deserializer has no knowledge of any type that maps to this name. Consider using a DataContractResolver or add the type corresponding to 'FeatureActivationInfo' to the list of known types - for example, by using the KnownTypeAttribute attribute or by adding it to the list of known types passed to DataContractSerializer.
Sep 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I'm getting this same error. Is there any update to the product that fixes this or any workaround that has been discovered?

Thanks!
Sep 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM